Registered Consulting Arborist®
To be truly successful in this competitive environment, you need to stand out from the masses. In the arboricultural industry, you can differentiate yourself by achieving Registered Consulting Arborist® (RCA) status. As ASCA's premier level of membership, RCAs demonstrate their commitment to providing clients with the highest quality consulting services.
While becoming an RCA requires an investment of your time, the good news is you can move through the process at your own pace. And, the benefits to your consulting practice can be substantial.
- Current ASCA Member
- Graduate of ASCA's Consulting Academy
Graduates of ASCA's Consulting Academy are able to deliver stronger work products after participating in sessions on technical writing and report preparation; duties to customers, clients, and employers; roles of a consultant; ethical principles; oral communications; dispute resolution; and forensics.
- Continuing Education Requirements
You must have earned 420 CEUs to meet the continuing education requirement. (See the list of CEUs.)
- Application Process
In addition to completing the application and submitting the $100 application fee, you must also provide the following items:
- Original transcript from the last educational institution attended.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Itemized list of CEUs.
- Submitting Reports*
Each report must receive a minimum score of 75% to meet the requirement.
- Report #1: Scenario Report—Once the ASCA office has received your completed application, materials, and fee, you will receive a consulting scenario.
- Report #2: Original Report—Upon successful review of your Scenario Report, you will be required to submit one of your own original Reports.